Have you ever wondered what the most important meal of the day is? Your wondering days are over! I’m pleased to let you know that the most important meal of the day is BREAKFAST. Breakfast ke? Where is the time? Maybe for those not working in Lagos. Trust me, I understand the everyday hustle; jump out of bed as early as 5am, say a quick microwaved prayer, take a bath at the speed of light, dress up swiftly and zoom off to work …what a cycle!. Unfortunately, there’s no place for breakfast in this rush.
People have different reasons for skipping breakfast. No lateness to work (so your job is not advertised), no time to prepare something quick, lots of fast food restaurants around the work place (quick meals to the rescue!) and the most common of them all…. skipping breakfast is a strategy for weight loss (you are so wrong!). Whatever the reason may be, skipping breakfast does more harm than good.
Eating healthy breakfast provides many benefits to your health and well being. Let’s take a look at them:
- You boost your metabolism by starting your day with breakfast.
- Reduces risk for starving as well as cravings and overeating later in the day. If you skip breakfast, you are likely to reach for high sugar and fatty snacks mid-morning. Your body begins to long for soft drinks and junks (oh yes! mid-day temptation lol).
- Having breakfast improves concentration and performance in the classroom or work place (Fuel your brain!).
- Weight control: having breakfast helps you feel fuller for longer and you’ll eat fewer calories throughout the day (Erase the myth of ‘skipping breakfast to lose weight’ ko le work).
- People who regularly skip breakfast are much more likely to become overweight and face a higher risk of health problems. The bitter truth!
- Eating healthy breakfast help give you more strength and endurance to engage in physical activity.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Healthy breakfast help give you a more nutritionally complete diet. Higher in nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Why then should you miss breakfast with all these juicy benefits? Create time to break the fast!!
Healthy breakfast should contain: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low or non-fat diary, and protein.
For your spiritual growth…….
GOD SAYS: This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night…Joshua 1:8.
Skipping your quiet time in the morning is spiritually unhealthy. One key to good success (not just any success), is feeding on the word of God and this must be done as often as possible. As tight as your schedule might be, find time to commune with God and receive more strength and grace to carry out the day’s activities. Starting your day with God will boost your spiritual strength. Don’t skip your quiet time!
You can share with us how breakfast and quiet time have been beneficial to you. Leave your comments below. Thank you.